Ceiling Collapse After Upstairs Water Damage
An upstairs toilet in a Huntsville home flooded while the homeowner was gone. The homeowner returned home to find "a waterfall in the kitchen, dining and living area" which was directly below. Large sections of drywall and insulation had fallen down in those rooms.
SERVPRO was called for help. Our crew arrived and assessed the situation. The water was extracted from the flooring. The fallen drywall and insulation were cleaned up. The dust and insulation were of concern to the homeowner due to allergies. The remaining wet insulation in the ceiling was removed as well as the wet carpet padding. All areas were treated with an antimicrobial and dehumidifiers and air movers were set up to dry the home.
Visit our Photo Gallery to see a picture of the kitchen and the toilet part that caused this water damage.